4 days left
- Full Time
Older Adults Technology Services, Inc. (OATS) is a rapidly-growing social change organization based in Brooklyn with operations in five different states. We’re a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and results-driven team looking for a versatile and innovative communications professional to join us and spearhead a range of initiatives across all of our channels.
The Communications Director will play a critical role with a broad range of responsibilities including working directly with our Executive Director on thought leadership and strategic direction, and with a variety of smart, energetic colleagues to shape and implement a communications plan for the organization at large, with a special emphasis on transforming our digital properties.
- Serve as brand steward for OATS, which is nationally-recognized for its innovative take on aging, and Senior Planet, the organization’s award-winning membership program for older adults.
- Roll out a comprehensive strategic communications plan.
- Lead the repositioning and redesign of oats.org and seniorplanet.org, including the integration of Senior Planet U (an online learning platform based on Absorb) into the overall Senior Planet digital experience, and actively manage our social media platforms.
- Generate and commission online content that targets, engages, and builds audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Recommend new communications formats and vehicles to create greater momentum and awareness.
- Manage the development and distribution of collateral and assets including short videos, e-newsletters, marketing material, and the annual report.
- Manage all press inquiries and media contacts, and proactively seek out opportunities to heighten the OATS visibility around the world.
Must be a very strong writer, with an ability to capture the spirit and voice of the OATS and Senior Planet brands and craft a narrative arc. Ability to understand communications role in supporting and strengthening OATS ability to produce social impact, which requires an ability to act in concert with the other functions of OATS to guarantee a seamless and transformative experience for the older adults and partner institutions that we serve. At least five years of communications experience, ideally in a leadership role within a fast-moving nonprofit or consumer-facing corporate setting, and covering areas such as digital, marketing communications, and corporate messaging. The ability to take information and strategic direction, understand the specific audience, and quickly produce tangible communications results that are in direct alignment of OATS specific organizational goals. Personal qualities include high energy, maturity, creativity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels. A sincere commitment to work collaboratively with different staff members, program partners, and Senior Planet participants. A desire to change the world!
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
$75-85K (depending on qualifications and experience) + benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter, resume, references, and link(s) to a digital portfolio or website via the link provided.
OATS offers full-time employees a generous package of leave time (three weeks vacation and ten sick/personal days), health insurance and ancillary benefits, professional development and growth opportunities, and an exciting, collegial work environment. Come help us change the world!
OATS is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Communications Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly