Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly organized graduate to provide valuable support to the Medicine & Life Sciences Editorial team by building good working relationships externally with authors and editors and internally with other Springer Nature stakeholders (e.g. Production, Marketing and Finance).
- Co-ordinate editorial processes for new book proposals
- Co-ordinate projects – monitor the progress of and chase authors of contracted books to ensure timely submission of manuscripts
- Prepare final manuscripts for handover to production
- As necessary, check any required rights, forms and permissions for third party content
- Draft and edit cover copy and blurbs
- Liaise with authors and colleagues in marketing, production and editorial departments
- Input of relevant data to internal digital publishing systems.
- Day-to-day administration
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably in a relevant field of study)
- Be able to demonstrate awareness of publishing processes
- Excellent English language skills
- Have excellent communication and team-working skills to deal with people at all levels both in the company and externally
- Be able to organise and prioritise numerous tasks
- Be resourceful and proactive in dealing with problems and queries
- Be numerate and computer-literate, work accurately with a sharp eye for detail
- Be proficient in the use of office software
- Have experience using social media tools
This position will be based in our office in New York. Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the US.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.