DK is seeking a skilled, inquisitive Metadata Analyst to pull insights from a variety of data sources and translate those insights into actionable business recommendations that will drive discoverability for all of our titles. Serving as the corporate metadata expert, the Analyst will drive and support scalable metadata optimization through data analysis and reporting. The position will also advise on best practices and provide data-driven recommendations to marketing, publicity, editorial, and managing editorial.
The Metadata Analyst would join a group within DK responsible for many facets of our US business including, but not limited to, adapting UK titles for our US audience while managing the materials for seasonal meetings.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Updating backlist metadata based on reports from the PRH metadata team and UK weekly copy changes.
* Editing the descriptive copy for Amazon product pages based on the recommendations of the UK editorial and/or the U.S. sales teams, tracking keyword and copy updates on AMS, and creating target lists based on Amazon tools.
* Confirming frontlist titles in an internal database for dk.com and signing-off to release title blocks for frontlist editions in B3 for ONIX feed.
* Creating keywords for all frontlist titles for every season and inputting updates made by the UK team.
* Working closely with the U.S. marketing team for metadata turnover for on sale dates and collaborating with the U.S. sales team on Amazon Advertising promotions.
* Writing SQL queries in an internal database to create optimized reports.
* Creating a list of DK titles and initiatives to enhance metadata to track effectiveness and sales growth.
* Creating a plan to update and review all metadata for selected back-list titles and tracking sales.
* Representing DK in corporate meetings to speak to and enhance metadata practices.DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher and part of Penguin Random House. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children; our aim is to inform, enrich and entertain readers of all ages. DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series, Prima Games, video gaming publishers, as well as the award-winning travel publisher, Rough Guides.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.