Social Media Manager - News
- Full Time
Brainrider is a marketing services company with teams in San Francisco, Menlo Park, and Toronto helping our clients build beautiful, effective, compelling content and campaigns.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
This is a full-time position reporting to our New York office. NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE.
Brainrider is looking for an experienced and tenacious Social Media Manager to join our client-embedded on-site team, as a member of the client's internal News Media Partnership Team (NMP).
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for analyzing and setting up channels, making recommendations on strategy, and creating content in real time.
- Actively manage communities for NMP and social media groups
- Participate in real time community conversations and respond to comments
- Answer questions and work with Comms, SPMs, and Product teams to escalate issues when necessary
- Develop strategy for engaging with the groups and ensuring there are pathways to product information / help center content
- Post social media content according to provided marketing plans
Social Marketing Strategy
- Organize and maintain a social content calendar
- Lead and coordinate on-platform social campaigns
- Track KPIs to ensure that campaigns are delivering
- Develop social-first content strategy that reinforces community narrative
- Manage social media events + programs
Reporting and insights
- Create analytics reports that capture key metrics, takeaways and optimization strategies
- Assist marketing team in conducting research and analytics
- Newsroom experience and/or journalism background required
- Experience developing social strategy, and managing and developing social channels
- Ability to take feedback and adjust writing style for different audiences
- Analytical skills and proven record of measuring and analyzing results
- Ability to work autonomously and solve problems independently
- Expert knowledge of social platforms
- Ability to identify and act on relevant trends, respond in real time in community conversations and comments
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term goals in a fast-paced environment
Please include writing examples of relevant work or portfolio link with your application.
This is a full-time position reporting to our New York office.
Compensation: annual salary, 15 days PTO per year, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and other benefits.
Impressive candidates selected to advance through our rigorous evaluation and hiring process will be contacted.
No agencies or recruiters please.