College Metadata and Operations Assistant
- Full Time
The College Department at W.W. Norton is seeking a proactive, detail-oriented Metadata and Business Operations Assistant to join the Team. This position collaborates closely with the College Business Manager and Director of Sales Operations and will work on a wide range of metadata, operations, and administrative tasks. The ideal candidate is organized and analytical, has strong communication skills, is comfortable with information systems, and thrives in a fast-paced, evolving environment working with a wide range of people.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create, manage, and maintain all college metadata for ONIX partners and Norton website
- Serve as a resource for college metadata issues and questions for publishing teams, external vendors, IT and the Help Desk
- Create, maintain, and organize College ISBNs through entire book cycle
- Collaboratively manage the comprehensive annual tracking table for upcoming College publishing program
- Estimate lifetime print quantities for permissions clearance
- Track Amex charges and approve bills
- Approve all invoices on a weekly basis
- Provide reports for monthly sales and ad hoc requests
- Maintain and update records of general College Sales team policies, information and communication
- Enter tracking data for competing product prices
- Create and provide annual updates to 5-year forecasts for all college disciplines
- Assist with various operational projects
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the US is required
- Must be able to work full business hours out of our New York City office
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital supplements that support teaching and learning.
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.