Production & Traffic Manager
- Full Time
ASME (American Society for Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $115 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production & Traffic Manager in our New York office. The Production & Traffic Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire design production process – including project intake, requirements definition, prioritization, project resourcing and trafficking – for the Design & Brand Experience unit within ASME’s Marketing organization.
The Production & Traffic Manager will be a champion of the ASME brand guidelines and ensure consistency through all print and digital applications and will work closely with internal stakeholders and outside vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of design assets.
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT & INTAKE
- Manage a high volume of graphic design projects simultaneously projects from inception to delivery
- Manage the design request inbox and assigns work based on business priority and established processes
- Review and ensure the accuracy and completeness of all creative requests by ASME Business Units; request additional information or reject requests based on policies
- Maintain workflow records
- Establish scope of work, job estimates, project specs, schedule and budget for each project for approval by Director
- Gather project requirements and specs
- Set and manage production timelines and monitors progress
- Develop, format and oversee a Production Calendar that communicates production milestones
- Supervise the project flows of external design, production, and other contractors.
- Advise business staff on production specs for external vendors (printing quantities, costs and vendor selection are not part of this role)
- Anticipate upcoming projects based on the integrated marketing & communication calendar and create resource plan recommendations based on anticipated workload
- Monitor marketing and other project schedules to understand how and when design work will fit into the critical path for enterprise-wide initiatives and projects; develop resource plans based on anticipated work and timing
- Re-allocate resources when necessary to keep overall production queue on schedule
DESIGN ACUMEN & PROJECT LEADERSHIP
- Take the lead in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale to business stakeholders, all within a user-centered design process
- Convey expertise and design acumen to reinforce the team as a Center of Excellence for design and branding best practices • Deliver creative briefs and dynamic presentations in both written and live formats
- Keep up to date on digital technology and understand web/email best practices
- Motivate a team of designers to achieve best-in-class execution
BRAND & QUALITY CONTROL
- Manage quality and accuracy of all deliverables through QA and reviews with Design team
- Ensure consistent use of brand standards across all platforms
- Ensure all work adheres to industry best practices • Manage the graphic design and visual assets of the department and maintain the design asset database which includes project documentation & files
This position requires a minimum of 6-8 years’ of creative and production experience in a fast-paced environment producing a high volume of multi-faceted online and print projects, with at least 2 years in a team or project leadership position. The ideal candidate will present other important qualifications and competencies such as:
Communication & Collaboration – Exceptional verbal and written communications skills are required, including problem solving skills. Must be comfortable and confident in making effective autonomous (and group) decisions in a timely manner.
Project Management – Strong time and project management skills and attention to detail are critical to this role. Must have the ability to manage expectations and define priorities.
Technical Skills – Must have a strong knowledge of design, brand and creative processes and digital best practices. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Products (Acrobat, Excel, PPT, Word) is required as is knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web technologies and email campaign best practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.