Senior Paid Media Strategist
- Full Time
Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Based on a thorough understanding of an ever-evolving paid media landscape and advances in precision targeting, this staff member will develop and execute innovative, multi-channel paid media plans in support of our clients’ overall campaign strategies.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the paid media planning process and develop strategic media plans with traditional elements (television, print, radio, out of home) and with a particular emphasis on digital and social media opportunities.
- Lead paid media strategists in preparing budget, channel and media mix recommendations to support new business proposals for new and existing clients.
- Supervise the evaluation of possible media buying partners and new tools for audience definition, media planning, media optimization, and content performance, and manage relationships with the vendor and media buying agencies providing these services.
- Identify the right opportunities to share best practices and vendor services with the firm, ensuring client team leads, campaign managers and Purple’s leadership are up-to-date on paid media tools and services.
- Assist client teams and paid media strategists at Purple in evaluating, interrogating and making thoughtful and strategic recommendations regarding paid media plans put together by agencies we partner with on media-buying, whether those are clients’ media-buying agencies of record or preferred partners of Purple’s.
- Work with client teams, particularly team members with expertise in insights — as well as experts in data acquisition and modeling — to shape and define target audiences and audience segments.
- Develop audience personas that bring segments to life for clients and that inform a campaign’s channel strategy and orchestration of voices through research into media consumption and digital usage data.
- Work with client teams to establish KPIs and supporting metrics to evaluate the success of paid media campaigns and demonstrate the role that the paid media as it relates to the holistic success of a full campaign.
- Develop performance reports and present paid media campaign results with optimization recommendations and strategic insights from across platforms (including but not limited to search, social, display, programmatic, video, mobile, etc.).
Experience, knowledge, and skill requirements:
- 10-15 years of related professional, client-facing experience at brands and/or agencies.
- Ability to translate client business goals into cohesive, articulate, and insight-driven paid media strategy and tactical paid media plans and effectively manage multiple clients and projects on time and within budget.
- Experience with media planning, placement, optimization and reporting tools, including research services like comScore, Scarborough, MRI, Nielsen, Global Web Index and ad servers like Sizmek and DoubleClick.
- Excellent time management skills and a strong ability to prioritize work.
- Leadership skills and experience guiding and/or managing junior employees while also educating senior colleagues about digital paid media and its role in an integrated campaign plan.
- Proficiency with top digital advertising self-service platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Analytics, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager.