Ad operations manager
- Full Time
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press is seeking an Advertising Operations Manager for its New York City headquarters.
The Advertising Operations Manager coordinates all aspects of advertising placements on the Web, mobile and white-label properties. This position requires someone with a strong understanding of advertising operations technologies and processes, and who possesses deep knowledge of content-driven digital products.
• Manage the entire ad operations process for all AP mobile and Web products.
• Work with finance department to regularly report on product revenue, rectify payments and dispense partner revenue shares.
• Evaluate vendors and assist with RFPs for new platforms and technologies. Act as point of contact with all ad serving, ad networks, third-party trafficking vendors.
• Create, maintain, and produce regular campaign and network performance reports for advertisers and internal stakeholders.
• Partner with the product and the analytics team to optimize ad strategy.
• Serve as client services for direct-sold campaigns.
• Manage multiple supply side platforms.
• Oversee QA process for all incoming creative.
• Create and manage ad spec and best practices documentation for internal and external uses.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent.
• 3+ years of ad operations or related experience.
• Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts.
• High attention to detail.
• Experience with DFP required.
• Keen understanding of ad campaign metrics and analysis and a demonstrated ability to compile, analyze and generate useful reporting on performance data.
• Experience managing inventory in an environment with highly variable demand.
• Familiarity with online advertising industry, trends, technologies and pricing models. Proficiency with sales order processing and IO reconciliation processes and procedures.
• Sufficient technological acumen to be able to evaluate and oversee implementation of relevant emerging technologies.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills. Basic proficiency with HTML, Flash and various rich media advertising creative technologies a plus.
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required.
Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.