Location: Tampa, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
WRMD Telemundo 49 in Tampa, FL seeks a Content Producer who will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors to desktop edit, write and produce news content for broadcast, digital and web platforms. The Content Producer will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day.
·Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms.
·Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
·Write news scripts.
·Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. Assignment Editor, anchors, VJ’s and production crews).
·Knowledgeable on daily news events, awareness of past news events and know what is news in the Tampa Bay market.
·Editing skills to edit video clips.
·Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
·Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• 1 to 2 years producer experience or writing / editing.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the Tampa, FL area and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Strong news writing skills.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day.
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse and maximizes viewer benefits.
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.