Managing Editor, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Enterprise strong unique content.Communicate clear expectations for quality content and the needs of our audience.Help guide TV staff in journalism best practices and content showcasing.Communicate individual and team goals clearly.Oversee short- and long-term coverage planning. Run daily news meetings to align coverage priorities with show teams and bureaus in SF, LA, Chicago and Washington, DC.Motivate, coach, develop and keep staff focused to ensure excellent performance.Manage and review performance of paid on-air contributors.Create development plans to help staff embrace strengths and challenges, and share and grow their abilities.Hold staff accountable for content that is balanced, fair, accurate and complete, incorporating where appropriate, a diverse range of sources.
The Managing Editor helps craft and execute the strategic vision for CNBC broadcast programming. The successful candidate will oversee daily news coverage, long-term editorial planning, events coverage, on-air contributor useage, and budgeting. The ME leads our news team crafting coverage for a deeply business-focused audience and develops strategies to deploy correspondents, evolve the beat reporter structure and drive high-profile coverage of the key trends moving markets.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in newsgathering, news production and/or news operations
• Minimum 5 years management and leadership experience of functions and personnel
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related broadcast field
• Able to work longer weekly hours as well as weekends when necessary with short notice
• Must be willing submit to a background investigation.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered for this position
• Demonstrate strong management, leadership, communication, collaborative and customer service (internal and external) skills, and a passion for self-development.
• Proactive, flexible, adaptable, organized, detailed oriented and able to multi-task and problem solve in a high-energy, fast-paced and constantly transforming environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to train as a subject matter expert.
• Take a results-oriented approach to work and leverage resources for competitive advantage.
• Demonstrate a highly developed skill as a critical thinker to work with other managers and staff to spot reporting holes, bias and other issues.
• Possess an understanding of the technologies used in the newsroom including Chyron, iNews, Avid, NewsTicker
• Use time effectively, efficiently and productively, and meet deadlines.
• Foster inclusion and diversity, and model company values.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.