Associate Producer, CNBC Make It
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Make It is looking for a talented Associate Producer for its expanding video team. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. This candidate should be familiar with all aspects of video production and possess a highly-creative storytelling voice. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with scripting, shooting, editing and producing original narrative, explanatory multimedia stories and "quick turn” day-of content. A candidate who has experience with social video is preferred.
The ideal team member is a self-starter who is comfortable researching and pitching stories on his/her own and can also work within a team setting depending on project demands. At CNBC Make It – we aim to make people smarter about personal finance, careers, leadership and entrepreneurship, so candidates with a passion to learn about the business world around them and explain it to others will be successful in this role.
The Associate Producer will work with a team of highly-motivated video producers, artists and digital reporters/writers to develop and tell unique stories. This role will provide opportunities for quick turn, studio and field work. Every voice on the team counts, so if you are willing to ask questions, give thoughtful feedback and strive for greatness – you will be a wonderful fit!
• Four-year college degree (or comparable professional experience) with course work/major emphasis on digital media, communications, journalism or business journalism
• Must have excellent research and writing skills
• Broadcast script and AP style writing experience
• Experience editing/producing content for social platforms: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Strong analytical ability
• Highly collaborative and creative
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Must have intermediate level experience with all aspects of digital video production including: producing, shooting and editing
• Intermediate level experience producing/editing on Adobe Creative Suite, shooting with DSLRs and Cinema cameras
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.