Specialist, Strategic Alliances, Corporate Partnerships, Discovery Education
- Full Time
Who We Are:
As the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum resources, digital content, and professional development for K-12 classrooms worldwide, Discovery Education is transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving more than 5 million educators and 51 million students, Discovery Education’s services are available in approximately half of U.S. classrooms and primary schools in the UK, and more than 90 countries around the globe. Inspired by the global media company Discovery, Inc., Discovery Education partners with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement.
Discovery Education is committed to supporting teaching and learning in order to drive youth achievement. Discovery Education’s Corporate Partnerships team collaborates with like-minded organizations and iconic brands to co-develop cause marketing initiatives and workforce development solutions, delivering dynamic tools and resources to the educational community at no cost to students.
What You'll Do:
Discovery Education seeks a high-energy, high-potential individual to join our Strategic Alliances team. Are you looking for interesting work in a purpose-driven environment? Look no further. The Specialist we hire will support our partnerships with big brands, non-profits, foundations and corporations committed to preparing students for the jobs and global challenges that await them. Ultimately, we're seeking a high potential individual who is excited by the opportunity to flourish in our rapidly expanding global organization.
If this high-growth opportunity seems to be up your alley, we can't wait to hear from you. The position requires a candidate who can hit the ground running to support the externally facing members of Discovery Education's Strategic Alliances group and our Executive Team. The Specialist will support operations for a fast-paced team, maximizing efficiencies, innovating strategies and leading internal collaboration and communication with internal and external partners to support Discovery Education's overall goals.
COMMUNICATIONS & PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Support thought leadership strategy and execution, working closely with Vice President, Strategic Alliances and CMO
- Identify opportunities to establish Discovery Education’s visibility as a thought-leader in education and support the development of relationships with key stakeholders
- Guide the creation of communications materials and strategies that will cultivate, nurture, and develop key strategic partner relationships
- Create research briefs, talking points, and other key deliverables for Discovery Education executives to support partner meetings, speaking engagements, and networking opportunities
- Serve as a supporting Discovery Education representative at social responsibility/education conferences and networking events in order to establish Discovery Education’s visibility as a thought-leader in education amongst key stakeholders
- Manage annual budgetfor Strategic Alliances team
- Maintain accurate/timely recordswithin CRM tool to track team activities, coordinate reports and maintain dashboard or all relevant information
- Identify, track and report out Key Performance Indicators for Strategic Alliances Team using CRM inputs and team data to support value-driven strategies
- Coordinate with broader Discovery Education, reporting ton relevant marketing opportunities
- Serve as "Mission Control" and track/manage day-to-day relationships with our partners in the corporate social responsibility and education space
- Maintain a close pulse on the marketplaceand identify timely connections and opportunities based upon business objectives
- Understand new technologies and industry trends and be able to speak to how they impact our work
- Conduct daily research to enhance, grow and expand strategic alliances as well as strengthen the businessby identifying new opportunities for collaboration with likeminded organizations
Who You Are:
- Professional Experience: Minimum 1 - 2 years professional experience, ideally in a business development, marketing, partnerships, or project management role
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills; regularly assess personal and team workload on a regular basis, with flexibility to re-prioritize as needed
- Collaborative: Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Self-Starter: Strong self-starter with ability to multitask, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
- Project Management: Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency
- Technical Skills: Experience with CRM platform management (HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.), Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Social Media, etc.
- Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning
- Flexible: Willingness to travel (5-10%)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.