Director, Post Production
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Directly lead and supervise a team of editors (both in-house and external), providing clear and concise creative feedback, technical knowledge and techniques, and professional development. Plan, schedule, and manage the assignments and daily workflow of the video editing team (including staff, contractors, and vendors) to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality video assets. Recruit, evaluate, and administer contract editors and vendors as needed for new and ongoing projects. Be able and willing to personally take on projects to edit as needed.Collaborate with the creative team on the development of new projects and proposals. Identify best in class video examples on a regular basis, providing benchmarks and inspiration for new work. Assist VP Digital Production in establishing and documenting workflows, creative standards, and processes as well as technical guidelines for the post-production team.Facilitate communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams including creative directors, physical production, executive leadership, project management, social marketing, brand strategy, legal, finance and other stakeholders to keep projects on track.Drive accountability by identifying issues that could adversely affect projects’ creative quality, delivery deadlines, or budgets. Generate tracking documents and output reports on an ongoing basis.Manage edit system workspaces, project setup, asset storage, network resources, and deliverables tracking. Respond to technical and logistical issues, working with engineering to solve any problems related to workflow and delivery.Work with an assistant editor and others to QC deliverables to ensure all technical, creative, aesthetic and legal requirements are met; maintain the creative video team’s archive and content library, including project, shoot files, and related assets.Maintain documentation for media, software and hardware.
The Director of Post-Production is responsible for providing creative and operational leadership to NBC Marketing’s digital creative video editing team, ensuring the timely delivery of a high volume of quality videos for distribution on social and digital platforms.
Working in collaboration with our creative directors, writers, social leads, and content strategists, the Director of Post-Production ensures that each project reaches its creative potential, is efficiently executed on time and on budget, and is delivered to in accordance with our technical specifications. This is a full-time, staff position with benefits; it is based on the Universal lot in Los Angeles and reports to the VP, Digital Production.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a post managerial role such as post-production supervisor, post-production manager, post-production producer, or lead editor.
• Thoroughly proficient with Adobe Premiere and related programs, including Adobe After Effects.
• Proven track record managing multiple fast-paced projects in a large organization.
• Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• AE and editor experience preferred.
• Should be familiar with all aspects of post-production workflow including ingest, cataloging/archiving, story editing, compositing, color, audio, and motion graphics.
• Experience with workflow and resource management programs such as JIRA, ScheduALL preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.