Digital Content Strategist
- Full Time
Reporting to the Director, Digital Strategy in External Relations and Development, the individual works with the Strategic Communications team and constituent areas of Columbia Business School to manage the School’s digital content, train and support website users across the School, gather and apply analytics to improve site usability, accessibility, and effectiveness.
The incumbent ensures that the content used across the Columbia Business School Website is clear, compelling, adequately distributed across the various pages and tailored to the School’s target audiences, and most importantly adheres to a consistent brand philosophy.
- Oversee all content created across the School’s portfolio of public websites. Ensure website administrators maintain the highest levels of accuracy and timeliness, and adhere to brand and accessibility standards through routine site audits. Identify and capitalize on opportunities to highlight, merge and elevate content across the site collection.
- Lead an overall audit of the School’s digital content. Using excel, build and maintain frameworks to track, connect and maintain content and identify opportunities to better structure and organize information. Develop recommendations for content that should be removed, and identify and propose topics for new content to be created.
- Serve as the point-person for web and search analytics across the School. Develop and maintain reports and dashboards to track content and distribution strategy performance, and provide analysis and strategic recommendations. Train other administrators in the use of analytics.
- Ensure sites conform to SEO best practices. Partner with ITG and CUIT to identify opportunities and implement strategies to improve the reach and visibility of site content through the use of appropriate technologies, including social metatags, structured data, and rich cards.
- Ensure web content meets WCAG 2.0 standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act and that all content is accessible to users with visual, hearing and mobility impairments.
- Perform related special projects as necessary to further the School’s online identity and brand messaging.
Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 3-5 years related experience required.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Proficiency in MS Excel required. Superior editorial skills and attention to detail required. Understanding of both HTML and CSS. Familiarity with common editorial style guides, in particular the Chicago Manual of Style. Understanding of web accessibility standards, metadata and the use of structured data on the web. Familiarity with Drupal or other content management systems. Understanding and previous experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate faculty, staff, and student constituencies.
Experience with site governance solutions, such as Monsido. Prior experience undertaking a large-scale content audit. Familiarity with SQL, Regex, R and other tools for analysis of unstructured data a plus.