Rolling Stone: Designer
- Full Time
Rolling Stone: Designer
Rolling Stone — the definitive source for music news for the past 50 years, as well incisive political coverage and the latest in pop culture — is hiring a designer. The designer will be part of the Rolling Stone design team with the full creative support of a large media company. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of design sophistication, from concept through execution, and a strong eye for photography and superb typography skills. The candidate will assist the Creative Director and work closely with editors and department heads to develop original design concepts.
Duties will include:
- Generate innovative visual storytelling ideas and create and design compelling high-impact editorial pages for the front and back of the book sections of the magazine
- Partner with Creative Director, Photo Editors and Editors on story development and visual concepts
- Manage page production, pagination and prepare final pages for shipping and ensure layouts meet design and print standards
- Design assets for Rollingstone.com and Rolling Stone social networks and ensure they meet brand guidelines
- Develop, design and build web-only features using CMS tools
- Translate print content to website
- Contribute to the development and strong visual identity of Rolling Stone online properties and channels
We are seeking a strong contributor with 2-4 years' experience in magazine digital/print design who will stay ahead of the curve on design and web trends and best practices.
- Accomplished designer with strong attention to detail and love of type
- Strong concept ideation in a creative environment and advancing the brand in a competitive space
- A sophisticated visual sense
- Digital design experience with demonstrable knowledge of UX/UI
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, K4, WordPress, HTML/CSS, and Sketch
- Excellent communication skills and experience talking through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Experience sourcing conceptual illustrations
- Strong organizational skills managing priorities and workflow
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects and maintain a calm attitude
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day. Rolling Stone’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.