Project Manager Associate, Fast Company
- Part Time
As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Fast Companyis the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About the Role
We are looking for a Freelance Project Manager to support our editorial recognition programs: World Changing Ideas, Innovation by Design, Most Innovative Companies, Most Creative People and Best Workplaces for Innovators.
Hours may vary, but candidates can expect to be guaranteed a minimum of 10 hours of work per week, and 20 hours of work per week on average, but not limited to normal business hours. Candidates may also work from home, though the ability to periodically meet with New York-based editors is preferred.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with the editorial leaders of each program to organize the high volume of inbound applications or nominations for each of the programs.
- Develop and oversee a strict schedule for reviewing the applications; and track editors’ and judges’ comments on finalists and winners.
- Work with the editorial, social media, and consumer marketing, and licensing teams to inform the winners of their status and provide information on how to publicize and promote their status as honorees.
- Provide assistance as needed to update the fastcompany.com website once winners are announced.
What We’re Looking For
- You have a familiarity with Fast Company, the types of companies, topics, and industries it covers, and the ability to communicate with executives and leaders within those industries.
- A proven record of managing complex projects, ideally for editorial initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must as the Project Manager will work with Editors on the east and west coast, in addition to interfacing with the consumer marketing team which solicits and processes applications.
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.