SheKnows: Deputy Editor
- Full Time
SheKnows: Deputy Editor
SHE Media is hiring a deputy editor to join its New York team and oversee daily content production on women’s lifestyle site SheKnows.com. The deputy editor will work closely with the editor-in-chief and director of editorial operations to manage staff editors, improve editorial workflow and raise quality standards, while ensuring that rigorous traffic and production goals are met. This person will also play a key role in helping to define the evolving voice of the brand in an exciting time of growth.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for creating standout content in a crowded media landscape, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, an obsession with performance metrics and a bottomless well of original ideas. Success in this role also requires a deep understanding of our audience of moms (and women in general), and a genuine enthusiasm for developing and packaging content that speaks to them in a meaningful way.
- Manage a team of staff editors (remote and on-site), and oversee the day-to-day publishing cycle on SheKnows.com
- Approve and top-edit features and news stories across all major verticals (parenting, entertainment, food, health); write or assign additional stories as necessary
- Oversee our social media editor and help guide strategy on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Program SheKnows’ Daily newsletter and facilitate opportunities to grow subscriber base through acquisition efforts
- Supervise homepage and vertical landing pages to ensure that they always reflect our best work, brand missions and business interests
- Monitor traffic and overall site metrics and pivot accordingly to ensure that SheKnows hits targets for audience growth
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and video departments to align on strategy, ideate, and produce tentpole concepts and photo/video shoots
The Fine Print
- 6-8 years’ experience working as an editor at a major publication (min. 2 years in a management position)
- Proven success in producing high-performing, high-quality digital content across a variety of relevant categories in the women’s lifestyle space
- A demonstrated understanding of digital strategy, analytics and SEO
- A talent for developing unique story angles and headlines that are clicky, insightful and engaging
- An investment in mentoring and supporting junior staffers in their career growth
- A network of exceptional writers/contributors and strong roster of industry contacts
- A demonstrated ability to thrive in high-pressure conditions and the ability to think outside the box and go beyond the status quo
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.