- Full Time
What we’re looking for
- An experienced Account Executive to support a portfolio of legal/professional services client teams in the development and execution of PR and media relations initiatives.
- Ideal candidates should have at least 1.5 years' experience in a media relations role in an agency setting. Must have the proven ability to identify news trends and secure high-profile media opportunities for B2B/professional services clients.
- This is a position with long-term growth potential and is a great opportunity for someone with solid media relations skills who is looking to take on an active role in running day-to-day account operations.
What you’d do
- Proactively identify and develop effective media pitches on timely news issues; send pitches to journalists and follow up to secure opportunities.
- Liaise with clients and journalists to coordinate media opportunities; participate on client calls and attend meetings.
- Support day-to-day account management; ensure deliverables and deadlines are met and keep team leaders apprised of status.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of key client information, including business strategy, industry issues, services, key clients and competitors.
- Develop and edit written materials including press releases and award submissions.
- Conduct client administrative tasks, including preparing reports, drafting client communications, and tracking for media coverage.
- Oversee interns and Junior Account Executives in the execution of account activities.
Why we want you
- You have at least 1.5 years' experience in a media relations role at a B2B agency and are interested in building a career working with legal and professional services clients.
- You have solid media relations skills and the proven ability to identify news trends and secure high-profile media opportunities.
- You want to work at a company that provides you with growth opportunities and values your opinions, perspectives and interests.
- You’re intellectually curious, creative, self-motivated and highly detail-oriented.
- You’re an avid consumer of news and are passionate about the news process.
- You’re a critical thinker and an excellent writer (must know AP Style) with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- You have a sense of urgency, possessing the ability to multi-task while staying mindful of many deadlines.
What we offer
- Friendly and highly collaborative working environment where your voice will be heard and your ideas will count.
- Opportunity to work with leading law firms and professional services firms on a global scale within an international network.
- Competitive and customizable benefits package including: 100% company paid health, dental and vision insurance coverage; free One Medical membership; 401k with 25% company match and profit-sharing plan; and monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Nine paid company holidays as well as an “on call” period between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Paid time off to volunteer.
- Thorough onboarding and training process that extends throughout your tenure with the company.
- Chance to become involved in the running of a growing business.