Variety: News Video Producer / Editor
- Full Time
Variety: News Video Producer / Editor
Variety Media is hiring a Video Producer / Editor based in Los Angeles who will be a key member of a growing video production team, working within an extremely fast-paced entertainment news-based and creative environment. From video content for social media strategies, to developing regular content, to shooting content in our studios or on location, the Video Producer will help grow our video footprint in the digital space in many formats. The Video Producer will be able to quickly edit, create custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short form pieces. Fluency in both emerging and longstanding social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of producing original high production value content video. The primary role for the Video Producer is to work with our teams, contribute ideas, technical expertise, and create video content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms. This role reports to the head of Video Production.
- Produce daily video that is conceived for the web - .com, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
- Work with our video team and various brand leaders to fill the growing demand for video content surrounding events
- Write, shoot and edit high quality footage that suits the needs of the brand
- Manage on-location shoots, sets, and crews
- Manage multiple productions and ensure delivery on time.
- 4-6 years’ of experience shooting, creating and managing the production of premium digital video
- Background in entertainment, news, fashion or similarly related digital consumer media
- Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced and ever-evolving video environment
- A track record of producing premium, high-visibility video for large-scale audiences
- Fluency in core video social platforms and their video integration
- Ability to work efficiently across multiple events, platforms and stakeholders
- A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
- Passion for digital/entertainment/news/fashion
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Shooting with DSLR, digital cinema, and mirrorless cameras -- multi-cam switching a plus
Recognized and respected throughout the world as the definitive voice of the entertainment industry, Variety has been the premier source of entertainment news for over a century. Since 1905, the most influential leaders and decision makers in entertainment have turned to Variety for timely, credible and straightforward news, analysis and perspective — taking our readers behind the cameras, curtains and screens of film, television, theatre and digital media with our unique, award-winning combination of breaking news reporting, insightful deep dive think pieces and engaging, must-read feature spotlights. Variety’s commitment to our community- covering its successes and failures in equal measure- is unparalleled both domestically, in our US entertainment capitals, and abroad, across the rapidly changing international entertainment landscape.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.