NBC Bay Area is looking for a dynamic, passionate and experienced investigative reporter to join our nationally awarded team of journalists. The successful candidate will be expected to enterprise and produce ground-breaking investigative news stories and contribute to major breaking news events. We pride ourselves on being an organization dedicated to holding the powerful accountable and uncovering truth. The applicant should have a good understanding of how to deliver meaningful and impactful stories for our digital and broadcast platforms. We are looking for a big thinker who is willing to experiment with telling stories in a non-traditional way to reach new audiences across any device. Applicant must have computer-assisted reporting skills as well as basic photography and edit skills. An understanding of how to tell stories on our digital platforms is a must. This is not an entry level position.
Research, develop, write and produce ground-breaking investigative news storiesGenerate long and short-term investigative news projectsContribute research and analysis on major breaking news eventsEnterprise investigative content across all of NBC Bay Area’s on-air and digital platformsDevelop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive reportsWillingness to perform basic video shooting and editing as neededQualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a television news reporter
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an investigative reporter
- Impeccable reporting and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated ability to use digital platforms to reach audiences
- Understanding of how to engage audiences on social media
- Understanding of computer-assisted reporting and working with database and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to present stories for all station platforms.
- A good newsroom citizen with a willingness to work side-by-side a team of nationally awarded producers, reporters, digital video specialists and photojournalists
Include three examples of your best work on both broadcast and digital with your application.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
- Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.