Subsidiary Rights Manager
- Full Time
Pippin Properties, Inc. is seeking an experienced subsidiary rights manager looking for the opportunity to make their mark licensing rights for and expanding the worldwide brand of our boutique literary agency.
- Collecting material, handling submissions, negotiating, drafting and review of contracts for audio, live stage, merchandising and permissions.
- Preparing materials for and working hand-in-hand with the rights agency handling our foreign and translation rights.
- Preparing materials for and representing the agency at the Bologna Book Fair and other fairs and conventions as the need arises (ie London, Frankfurt, BEA, live-stage conventions).
- Maintaining rights databases.
- Tracking, requesting and following up on rights and out-of-print reversions.
- Initiating new, dynamic relationships and maintain existing well-fostered relationships with international and domestic licensors.
- Act as liaison for clients, for example, assisting in requesting 6166 tax forms, fielding requests for international travel and conferences, etc.
- Must have a passion for children's and YA publishing as Pippin's titles range from picture books to middle-grade and YA, with the occasional adult trade titles and a growing graphic novels list.
- Must be a voracious reader with an appreciation for the highest quality literature.
- Must have a meticulous devotion to detail and presentation.
- Must be a team player, have a sense of humor and be a creative problem-solver with the ability to self-motivate in a small office environment.