- Full Time
Position supports the Account Manager, Domestic Network Distribution in maximizing the growth of HBO and Cinemax business primarily in the Hospitality market. Responsibilities include working closely with distributors and cable operators that have specific bulk distribution goals. The Account Executive is also responsible for building relationships with key distributors and cable contacts to identify new launch opportunities and secure renewals and may also interact with hotel owners and contacts. Position will interface with other HBO internal groups including Legal, Finance, Marketing and Digital Products, etc. Candidate should have relevant sales experience, excellent relationship skills and a thorough understanding of the new media environment. Team-member will serve as a Brand Ambassador within targeted sales channels and should lead with integrity, have excellent organizational and analytical skills, as well as be a demonstrated collaborator who can problem solve. Team-member will function with some autonomy and in a team environment.
An effective candidate will be an imaginative problem-solver, enthusiastic, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change, highly collaborative, and works smart. This position requires travel currently estimated at 60% and will be based out of the New York City office.
- Serve as Brand Ambassador by educating and incentivizing Distributor customer contact personnel and leadership to positively impact HBO and Cinemax sales and revenue in the hospitality space
- Work closely with the Account Manager to identify and enhance new distribution opportunities and meet annual goals
- Accountable for development, leadership, fulfillment and hosting of affiliate special events and incentives
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with key contacts and decision makers with the goal of securing launch activity, current distribution and prominent positioning
- Attend key industry trade shows and manage HBO/Cinemax brand presence
- Develop distribution reports and provide regular updates on financial and subscriber impact
- Assist team with managing the budget for individual accounts
- Gather field intelligence and communicate internally in order to stay ahead of a constantly changing market
- Prepare/Present sales presentations to affiliates
- Assist in the development of marketing materials for the department including sales sheets, ads, digital assets, incentives, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel currently estimated at 60%
- 3-6 years of relevant sales/business experience; understanding of the telecommunications and new media environment. Understanding of the hospitality market is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship skills
- Excellent strategic capability
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proficient with various computer applications, including Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word and Salesforce