Associate Reporter, Technology, CNBC Digital
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Helping make CNBC Digital the top-read and most-respected source of tech industry news.Being the point person for fast-breaking tech news, particularly in the mornings.Writing smart next-minute and longer-term analysis about the people and companies in the tech industry.Pitching and writing features focusing on great human stories in the tech industry.
CNBC is seeking an Associate Reporter to cover breaking news, and pitch and write analysis pieces and features about people and companies in the technology industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Experience covering breaking news in a fast-paced digital setting.
• Strong interest in and familiarity with the most important people and companies in the technology industry.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy fast.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Business finance experience – comfortable reading balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced digital news environment.
• Creative ability to generate relevant pitches for analysis and features.
• Team player, must cooperate and coordinate with journalists, editors, and producers from all parts of CNBC.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.