Sr. UX/UI Designer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work closely with the Experience Design Team, Product and Technology Teams to create industry leading digital experiences across all NBC content platforms (Mobile, Web, Voice, App & 10ft).Work with Product Managers, developers and engineers to define/deliver product experiences.Work with the UX team to deliver user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, presentations and comprehensively annotated design specifications for internal and external development teams.Lead projects and oversee entire user experience on assigned digital products; Manage complex project plans with multiple work streams and dependencies for the product lifecycleIncorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis and metrics to help shape user experiencesParticipate in requirements definition process with Product, UXD, and Engineering Teams.Ensure quality of experience achieves our UX standards, and remains in scope; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.Revise and iterate designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.Plan and oversee testing criteria for usability studies, A/B & MV Testing of products and platforms as part of the design process.Guide, maintain and communicate UX|UI consistency of experience across all platforms. Inspire new ideas to the team through expert-level knowledge of competitive and complimentary mobile and multi-platform products.Direct and guide junior members of the Experience Design team.
NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
We are seeking a talented Sr. UX/UI Designer to join our Experience Design team responsible for driving innovative and groundbreaking user experiences across our platforms, products and services. As Sr. UX/UI Designer you will oversee a variety of projects and collaborate with fellow members of the Product and Engineering Teams to conceptualize, wireframe, prototype and develop business requirements into usable, useful and delightful products. The Sr. UX/UI Designer will report to the VP. Director, UX and Design, to inspire members of your team, agencies and colleagues to develop award-winning products, interfaces and experiences.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as UX|UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization or digital agency.
• Minimum 2 years of hands on experience working with multi-platform, living room and mobile applications
• Experience developing mobile/multi platform & platform agnostic product interfaces.
• BA Degree or higher in Interactive Design, User Interface or User Centric Design.
• Rapid Prototyping skills and Responsive Design Methodologies & required.
• Working knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop & Adobe CS required.
• Experience in iOS, tvOS and Android Platforms is preferred.
• Knowledge of additional platforms (OTT, Roku, Samsung, Xbox, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design is beneficial.
• Working experience with Invision, Principle, After Effects or related prototype software is important.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Hands on team player who can handle multiple projects simultaneously of medium to high complexity
• Experience with touch, voice enabled devices and 10ft systems for Consumer Entertainment Brands are a HUGE PLUS.
• Experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to create detailed designs, annotations, working prototypes and presentations.
• Exceptional eye for detail and an in depth understanding of our users’ needs and expectations.
• Core understanding of User Experience principles and best practices of human interface design.
• High degree of creativity, user experience, interaction design and problem solving abilities.
• Exceptional communication skills: communicate ideas through information & presentations.
• Confidence working on complex mobile/web applications with consumer focused product UX.
• Experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing is a plus.
• Drive to deliver compelling, best in class experiences for consumers and proven track record working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are BIG PLUSSES.
• A strong portfolio showcasing broad range of UX/UI and IXD are a MUST.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.