This position will be responsible for consumer engagement for NBC Sports Gold, NBC Sports Group’s direct-to-consumer, subscription-based, live streaming product. Responsibilities include acquisition efforts, on-going engagement, campaign execution and analysis. The Manager, Consumer Engagement, will partner with the NBC Sports Gold business to ensure marketing is focused on meeting and exceeding subscriber goals and retention objectives. Take ownership of select NBC Sports Gold sports passes to set the marketing strategy and continually monitor and adjust promotional plansDevelop and execute marketing campaigns based on sports’ seasons across channels including - email, digital, social and on-air Monitor sports’ stories, collaborate with editorial, production and partners to recommend engagement opportunitiesRecommend testing plans and evaluate results to ensure continuous improvement Manage paid media campaigns across Social platforms, Google Search and others
Build, manage and grow strong partner relationships
- Propose strategy, flights, messaging and creative
- Research and recommend sport prospect and partner audiences
- Monitor live campaigns and adjust audiences, creative and messaging as needed
- Monitor consumer comments and questions and respond accordingly
- Analyze full campaigns and identify opportunities/considerations for future campaigns
Manage 1 direct report to assist in securing inventory, asset requests and deliveryBasic Qualifications
- Create and maintain joint promotion plan
- Promote ideation and identify new opportunities for promotion
- Track effectiveness of Earned efforts and propose adjustments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media, Business, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, including internships
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, work weekday nights, and on weekends with short notice
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience managing paid media
- A track-record of demonstrable business results through testing and deploying effective marketing campaigns across digital and email channels
- Experience with A/B testing, messaging, and post-campaign analysis
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills
- Extremely organized, great attention to detail, and highly motivated
- Strong project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Managerial experience a plus
- Passionate about sports and the live sports conversation
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.