The Executive Producer is a leadership position overseeing the editorial, production and promotion components of the 4:30AM, 5AM, and 6 AM newscasts and related cut-ins. The Executive Producer's role is to oversee production of news content on multiple platforms, provide guidance and direction to news employees and be an active member of the news management team. The ideal candidate will know how to manage a team in producing a show that is a great marriage between content and personality. We’re looking for someone who loves morning TV, embraces taking risks and wants to create a product that stands out in the market. The ideal candidate knows how to effectively inspire and support a team, be a consistently high performer, and deliver clear direction and feedback each and every day.
• Conceive and execute daily programs incorporating top news stories, live reports, and social media.
• Direct and deliver production elements on a deadline. Manage and supervise on-air talent, content producers and production team.
• Review daily line-up of stories and segments; develop future segments, stories and interviews for all platforms.
• Collaborate with creative services department on daily topical promotions.
• Cooperate and interact with NBC News and assure compliance with all relevant laws and company policy on broadcasts and news operations. Basic Qualifications
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of five years experience as a television News Producer or Executive Producer
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Must possess strong journalistic skills, have ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note; job #BR).
- Must be willing to work in Dallas/Ft. Worth just south of DFW airport
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends as needed, at times with last-minute notification.
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
- Demonstrated competence in newsroom computer systems including editing video and posting digital content
- Strong understanding of digital and social media platforms and ability to incorporate them into daily newscasts
- Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
- Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
- Proven strong leadership and management skills required
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
- Must function well in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to direct the news crew in a “producer-driven” environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
- Up to date on and interested in current news events
- Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.