EVP, Advertising Platforms & Operations
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The overarching responsibility of this role is to lead the development and delivery of the advertising technology roadmap and operations across NBCUniversal’s industry-leading linear TV and digital portfolio which reaches over 200 Million U.S. Adults every month. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Business Operations and Strategy, the role will interface closely with all key functions of NBCU’s Ad Sales business including Sales, Strategy, Planning, Marketing, Advanced Advertising and Insights & Measurements. The successful candidate will also partner closely with and be a key liaison to NBCU’s technology, engineering and digital product teams as well as 3rd party advertising technology partners with a core focus on NBCU’s Ad Sales needs. This executive will develop technology-driven strategies that support the long-range business vision and strategy of the NBCU Ad Sales group. This involves leading and developing NBCU’s core ad sales platforms and integrations, sales information systems as well as the delivery of NBCU’s AVOD/OTT services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Oversee core advertising technology development, systems and sales operations (across TV and Digital)Provide systems, tools and capabilities necessary for NBCU to remain the leader in video advertisingAct as the conduit between Ad Sales go-to-market needs and technology and engineering teamsDevelop, design, manage and communicate ad product/tech roadmap to key stakeholdersRepresent Ad Sales Platform & Product tech capabilities and needs, current and future, for NBCU’s Linear, Digital and OTT productsRepresent ad product and technology strategy and needs to all internal technology and product stakeholdersDevelop, evaluate and provide support to Ad Sales and other stakeholders on the feasibility of new productsPlay a direct role with tech requirements and linkages to their respective product roadmapsOwn relationships with key advertising technology partners such as FreeWheel, Operative, Google, Salesforce, etc.Create and maintain strong partnerships with all other NBCU and Comcast technology and product groups
• Minimum of 10 years of direct experience in developing, operationalizing and implementing new technology platforms to ensure success of new product roll-outs
• Minimum of 8 years of experience managing successful, high-performing teams within a matrixed organization
• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning; advanced degree ideal
• Strong strategic and analytical leader, with the ability to formulate innovative and effective initiatives that advance revenue and overall business objectives
• A strong understanding of the media landscape, including insight on current market trends, social platforms, ad serving platforms, digital content distribution landscape, and data
• Demonstrated ability to provide thoughtful and strategic insight to senior leadership that translates into successful business strategies
• Excellent communication style, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate, influence and work collaboratively
• Must be a self-motivated and resourceful individual with an ability to work independently while remaining flexible and adaptable
• Ability to distill complex media, advertising and technology concepts into clear and simple sales messages
• Superior influencing skills and the ability to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, both internally and externally
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.