- Full Time
• Attend 930am/3pm editorial meetings and contribute story ideas.
• Dispatch and track crews, including the chopper.
• Find, gather, get and/or confirm information, then disseminate that information for use on our website, mobile products, social media and on-air.
• Be a go-to person for station to win “Breaking News” – as soon as hearing or becoming aware of something, begin working it while communicating to the newsroom what is being looked into and what is confirmed.
• In extended breaking news coverage, help sustain our coverage by lining up phoners, interviews and any other elements possible.
• Constantly monitor scanner traffic and scour the web as well as social media for breaking news and/or other possible news stories. Help hunt and find more local content for our air and digital products.
- Tweet/Facebook breaking news and other content from the WFXT accounts when there is no one around from our digital team.
• Communicate with the digital team, so they can send out any worthy breaking news via push alerts, email alerts, twitter and facebook.
• Look for livestream opportunities and communicate them to news managers and the digital team.
• Maintain an organized system that tracks each story’s developments.
• Write and email a summary note of what to watch out for on the next shift.
• Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, and weekends
Qualifications:• A minimum of 1 year professional experience in local TV news is required
• Prior experience as Assignment Editor is a plus
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Able to handle breaking news with ease
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of production
• Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
WFXT/Fox 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.