- Full Time
The New York Post Features Department is looking for a full-time reporter who is tapped into pop culture and lifestyle (fashion & beauty, health & fitness, sex & relationships). Candidate will find fresh and compelling ways into trending topics and news with an eye towards growing traffic. Must have strong reporting skills; an ability to juggle multiple assignments (from quick turn-arounds to deeper dives); and a smart, lively writing style. Should be plugged into new platforms and spot online trends and talkers as they bubble up.
• Report and write feature articles of varying lengths across platforms
• Generate a continuous stream of pitches with timely news pegs and fresh angles
• Produce lively, informative and well-sourced copy on deadline
• Candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a reporter/writer in a lifestyle/entertainment capacity.
• Proficiency in WordPress or similar CMS, Photoshop and web analytics preferred
• Position is Monday through Friday, with some flexibility in scheduling, especially during awards and special events
The New York Post is an Equal Opportunity Employer.