- Full Time
We are seeking the right candidate for our Email Strategist role to fill out our rapidly growing audience development team. This technical position is responsible for the overall management of Outside’s email campaigns, including maintaining the email database, managing engagement strategies, and finding ways to improve our reach and effectiveness.
Essential duties will include
- Day-to-day management of Outside’s marketing, sales, circulation/house and editorial emails, including maintenance of best practices.
- Work with stakeholders on planning and development of new email launches, including: template creation, list growth, list segmentation, A/B testing and quality control, and back-end analysis.
- Maintain email database and query lists based on specific segmentation criteria, including managing various integrations and API’s.
- Manage and optimize email welcome workflows and all automated series.
- Generate new email leads through sweepstakes partnerships, house ads and on-site placements, paid advertising, and other creative avenues.
- Maintain reporting of all email activities. Analyze, compile and disseminate monthly and quarterly reporting.
Some of the skills, ability, and experience we’re looking for include
- Must be computer literate, with proficiency on Mac systems strongly preferred.
- Requires strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite and Google Docs.
- Experience with Campaign Monitor a plus.
- Basic HTML knowledge is required.
- Must possess strong project management and organizational skills.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, including organization, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of change, and innovation.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure with sometimes limited supervision.
- The ability to receive, comprehend, and deliver clear and detailed information through multiple communication mediums including in-person, phone, e-mail, and the internet is required.
This full-time job is based at our Santa Fe, New Mexico headquarters; remote workers will not be considered. Please send your resume and cover letter