Communications and Marketing Associate
- Full Time
Communications and Marketing Associate
Greens Farms Academy is seeking to hire a Communications and Marketing Associate to join the Advancement Office. This role will partner with the team on the ideation, creation, and production of internal and external communications and marketing initiatives. The Associate will assist in the management and production of the school’s website, social media accounts, video and photography, print publications, and brand campaigns. An ideal candidate has an interest in and familiarity with digital media storytelling, the creativity to imagine new ways to tell the GFA story, and the drive to turn those ideas into realities. This position will report to the Director of Communications.
This role will partner with both the Director of Marketing and Director of Communications on all areas of portraying the GFA experience including:
- Covering school events and daily school activities for the purpose of photography and videography
- Assist in managing GFA’s social media accounts, including on-brand posting, data management/reporting and staying up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices
- Writing blog posts and news articles for GFA’s website, bi-annual magazine, and other publications
This role will assist the Director of Marketing on strategic brand awareness, events, admission campaigns and development appeals.
- Associate produce ad and video campaigns with the Director of Marketing
- Administrative duties regarding scheduling, ad production, and buying
This role will assist the Director of Communications with management of GFA’s website. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create, design, and write copy using website dashboard and HTML coding; create online forms; post information and edit submitted content for public and portal pages
- Analyze website traffic using Google Analytics
- Help brainstorm and produce creative digital experiences on the website
- Bachelor’s degree and 0 – 2 years of work experience in the fields of independent school communications, journalism, or marketing
- Superior interpersonal and written communication skills
- Positive work ethic
- The availability to cover school events (for photography and editorial) in collaboration with the team. Ability to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
- Video production and editing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe design suite
- Previous experience with website management a plus
Typical Level of Interaction
This position requires strong interaction with all school personnel as well as various service providers.
All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen, physically direct, and speak. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 15 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GFA is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law with regard to hiring, terms, and conditions of employment or educational programs. We strive to provide a welcoming educational environment where the value and dignity of each and every member is respected and valued.