- Full Time
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce seeks a visionary creative director to lead, evaluate, and extend the Chamber’s brand across print, digital, and environmental platforms. The ideal candidate will guide a team to redefine the Chamber’s creative process and experience, working cross-functionally across the policy, international, and membership and sales teams.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creative visual storyteller–curious problemsolver who shares a deep passion for business innovation and an understanding of the Chamber’s advocacy work.
- Natural leader–versatile and seasoned leader who transitions from high-level strategy to detailed execution to define and implement the evolution of the Chamber’s brand.
- Gifted client partner–ability to forge strong relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels and collaborate with colleagues to understand challenges and recommend solutions.
- Brand builder–develop and implement a consistent visual storytelling playbook for all creative materials, founded on the Chamber’s legacy and an eye on our future.
- Detailed operator–manage vendor relationships and budgets, shape process to drive efficiency, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Curious learner–track new design and industry and technology trends and integrate them into the Chamber’s DNA.
- Entrepreneurial problemsolver – promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence, and accountability.
- Results-driven self-starter–comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to push through indecision to propose new ideas and deliver results.
- Strong communicator–exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present ideas and compelling arguments to individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Generous team player–report to the CMO and serve as a critical member of the senior marketing team to share best practices, contribute new ideas, and identify ways to further extend the Chamber’s brand and business.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ experience, preferably in an agency or media environment.
- BFA in graphic design or fine art preferred.
- Experience leading and managing teams.
- Sophisticated typography and layout skills.
- Advanced skills with Adobe creative suite and proficiency in HTML, animation, and/or video editing preferred.
- Ability to work in PC and Mac environments.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.