Marketing Director, Marketing & Communications
- Full Time
ABOUT THE ANA
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes more than 1,800 companies with 20,000 brands that engage almost 50,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 1,100 client-side marketers and more than 700 marketing solutions providers, which include leading marketing data science and technology suppliers, ad agencies, law firms, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
New York, NY
The ANA is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced marketing director to join the ANA’s Marketing and Communications team. The individual will be responsible for strategically identifying marketing initiatives and campaigns to successfully market the ANA. The director will work closely with members of the MarCom team and ANA business units to effectively implement programs, and track and report results.
The new team member will be part of a dynamic and growing marketing group and will work as an integral part of the team. The individual must be able to work across the enterprise understanding and addressing the needs of ANA business line managers, and other staff to effectively communicate ANA’s growing portfolio of products and services. The position reports to the CMO.
Core to the role is the ability to:
- Think strategically
- Have an entrepreneurial drive
- Develop actionable plans
- Work in partnership with teammates and business units on plan execution
- Drive programs that build awareness of the ANA and advance its mission and purpose
- Implement flawlessly
The director must be a self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and lead cross-functionally. The individual must have a proven background in marketing, brand management or agency account management, and embody solid project management experience and strong communication skills. Further, to be successful, this individual must be able to work under tight deadlines with a focus on delivering superior results. The right individual must be able to deliver efficient and effective marketing programs that drive the ANA’s reputation and propel growth.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead brainstorming, campaign development, and execution for new marketing initiatives
- Assist in outbound/inbound marketing activities by applying strategic thinking and expertise in areas such as content development and optimization, advertising and print promotion, SEO, social media, email, and more
- Collaborate internally with the marketing team and other business units to launch brand awareness and lead generation campaigns
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Contribute mightily to the development and execution of an annual marketing plan
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, or MBA in marketing preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Proven experience as a client-side marketing or brand manager/director, or in agency account management
- Possess a persistent desire to go above and beyond
- Thorough understanding and experience in executing campaigns in varied marketing channels
- A holistic thinker with an eye for detail
- Exceptional communication, writing and storytelling skills
- Solid skills, including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and various marketing software (e.g. Domo, GA)
Our competitive compensation package includes the following benefits, incentives, and perks:
Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, 401k match, flexible scheduling, generous Paid Time Off program, designated work from home days, summer Fridays, casual dress code, incentives and rewards
If your skills, experience, and enthusiasm align with this position's requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.