Product Director - Mobility
- Full Time
The key team efforts are focused on determining business-cases and feasibility in the marketplace, product life-cycle alignment and differentiation assessment, hypothesis-driven testing, detailed product planning, and defining business use-cases for products. The team works to explore new and emerging technology areas and how they may connect to the automotive space. The goal of the strategic product innovation team is to ultimately enhance and improve the positioning of cox automotive in the marketplace as it relates to client satisfaction, product differentiation, revenue growth and increased market share while aligning our value-creation activities to client, market, and corporately defined metrics.
- Seek out and explore new concepts and technologies with ambiguous details and minimal oversight and produce meaningful insights and results which can be applied to the mobility space
- Develop product plans, roadmaps, business cases, research points of view and realization strategies to support recommendations made to the organization
- Monitor and anticipate short, med, long-term market trends, climates, and needs that impact disruption in the mobility space. Manage behaviors that support pre-action and reaction to anticipated/forecasted disruption and recommend practical solutions when raising new concepts and issues
- Develop credibility and manage strong internal and external client relationships while establishing yourself as a trusted advisor. Uphold commitments by listening, capturing, clear and concise details, manage timely engagements, and actively follow up to continually foster relationships
- Work to define and deliver minimum viable products, services, offerings and outputs that are based on hypothesis and opportunity assumptions – prototype, refine, test and iterate
- Navigate efforts using the Jobs-to-be-Done Theory, Outcome-Driven Innovation and Design Thinking, and standard project management lifecycle practices based on a needs-first approach
- Define measurable success criteria and key performance indicators (KPIs), and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to determine actionable steps in project lifecycle along with what success looks like according to key stakeholders
- Conduct ongoing sessions focused on client discovery to explore opportunities, product insights, and share information using clear and concise methods with an eye toward actionable recommendations for Mobility Solutions Group and our clients
- Embody, illustrate, and incorporate a collaborative approach towards sharing of potential solution concepts with team members, organization stakeholders, and business partners
- All other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with at least 5yrs experience in a product leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Global Business Studies, or Product Business & Design
- MBA, or skills associated with degree studies related to Business Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Psychology Preferred
- PMP or equivalent certification along with experience in agile methodology
- Expertise in highly-matrixed, highly-decentralized product and development teams.
- Comfortable in engaging in all facets of the organization and across multiple workstreams to support business efforts and common goals using a variety of methods including current web connection tools
- Proficient in MS Office tools especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- Tenacious and resourceful problem solver with a sense of urgency and tenacity to achieve
- Is comfortable and confident working with unknown and undefined theories and being in uncharted territory
- Knowledge and experience with outcome-driven innovation along with design thinking is a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.