Sports Anchor Reporter
- Full Time
Come be the difference at WBAL News Radio 1090/FM 101.5. Located a short distance from the majestic Inner Harbor of Baltimore. Baltimore is a city rich in history…from the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner to the home of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens, there is something for everyone in our town. Come join us and be the bigger picture!!
Hearst Radio Baltimore has a rare opening for a full-time Sports Anchor/Reporter to be part of two high-profile morning radio shows in Baltimore, MD. Candidate will be part of the morning show presentations on both WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 Rock. You will anchor and interact with other talent on both morning shows Monday-Friday in drive time. This on-air position will include a prominent role in coverage of the Baltimore Ravens as well as other major local sports events in the region.
Job Priorities include the following:
- Anchor morning drive sports updates on WBAL NewsRadio1090/FM 101.5.
- Anchor morning drive sports updates on 98 Rock
- Participate in pre-game and post-game coverage of Baltimore Ravens Football on WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5, 98 Rock and the Baltimore Ravens Radio Network. Assignments will include hosting and co-hosting of long-form Ravens programming.
- Participate in hosting of various long-form sports programming on WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 including weekly Ravens Shows during pre-season, regular season and post-season.
- Assist in coverage/hosting of major sporting events including content presentations with our various partnerships that include Navy Athletics, the Baltimore Running Festival and other periodic events.
- Participate in production of online video content presentations to promote various events/shows that are sports related.
- Appear on WBAL NewsRadIo 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 Rock programs to discuss major sports news and provide reaction/analysis as needed.
- Be available for public appearances in support of our major partnerships including the Baltimore Ravens, Navy Football, Baltimore Running Festival and other events as necessary.
- Be available for public appearances in support of station charitable events for both 98 Rock and WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5.
- College Degree preferred.
- Sports Anchoring, hosting and play-by-play in a Top 50 market preferred.