WTVJ Weekend Morning Anchor
Location: Miramar, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Primary responsibility is to anchor the weekend AM newscasts. Must be able to present news under pressure, during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts. Responsible for, but not limited to, gathering information, writing and editing newsworthy events including covering breaking/spot news, general news, sports and feature stories relevant to the South Florida community. Will create web content that complements nbc6.com. Report, write and produce packages content for a variety of other platforms, including Twitter and Facebook. Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local news stories. Also responsible for writing stories, headlines and news updates. Work as part of a team responsible for gathering and presenting news on multiple platforms.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years television anchor and or reporter experience.
• Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Must be willing to work at the station in the Miramar location.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• Working knowledge of Social Media
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills.
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
• Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to edit media.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.