The NBC Sports Digital-Linear Editor (Premier League) will oversee the integration of all Premier League content from broadcast to digital platforms, manage on-air promotion of digital initiatives and the day-to-day operation of content at nbcsports.com/soccer. This person will also assist in social media promotion of specific content and write at prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com. Responsibilities Manage nbcsports.com/soccer for story placement, promotion of specific features and monitor for quality controlPublish soccer videos; write headlines tailored for nbcsports.com, the NBC Sports app and for SEO optimizationPost content (stories and video) to NBC Sports social channels, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTubeOversee delivery of complementary soccer programming for nbcsports.comCoordinate with NBC Sports soccer linear team for on-air content appearing on nbcsports.com, NBC Sports Soccer on Facebook and @NBCSportsSoccer (Twitter)Coordinate with on-air team for content distribution and awarenessDetermine in-game digital editorial promotions for on-air broadcastsCoordinate with Pro Soccer talk editorial team for weekly content plans, distribute to linear teamWrite content for Pro Soccer TalkCoordinate with general editorial desk on upcoming content, distribution, and assets for live streams.Create and distribute weekly PL digital video content plan to digital and linear stakeholders.Consult on production of original digital videos, specifically for YouTube.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Digital Media or related field
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in digital media
- Ability to work long hours as needed, including weekends and holidays
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- In-depth knowledge of successful digital and social media content strategies
- Detailed knowledge of Premier League and world soccer
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to watch our network and view our website on a regular basis
- Familiarity with video production environment and workflows
- General understanding of digital livestreaming platforms
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.