Supply Chain Analyst
- Full Time
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
Position serves to manage various aspects of Supply Chain data analysis including Idle Inventory, “end of life” remainder process and KPI reporting. Collaborate with colleagues from many departments including Publishers, Sales Operations, and Fulfillment Center on disposal recommendations, warehouse transactions, minimizing excess and obsolescence exposure. Manage all aspects of inventory for a Macmillan Children’s Imprint including first print and reprint recommendations and sales and inventory forecast demand for seasonal titles. Additional responsibilities to include assisting VP, Inventory Management with ad-hoc reporting.
• Manage various aspects of Supply Chain data and analysis including KPI data for monthly Management data package
• Assist in development of ad hoc reporting to capture and monitor metrics for supply chain processes.
• Manage all aspects Idle Inventory, “End of Life” Remainders, donations, general cleanup and monthly management inventory reporting. Work collaboratively with Publishers, Sales and Fulfillment Center
• Manage all aspects of inventory for a Macmillan Children’s imprint serving as the key contact and source of information for publisher, sales and operations on inventory related issues
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong analytical mindset with problem solving and communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• MS Office proficiency including advanced Excel knowledge
• Business Intelligence and database knowledge
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Flexibility and composure to deal with frequent changes
• Publishing industry experience preferred
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience