Product Owner - Dealertrack
- Full Time
Dealertrack is the leading provider of web-based software solutions and services for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Dealertrack serves dealers, lenders, OEMs, third-party retailers, agents and aftermarket providers with its comprehensive set of solutions including Sales/F&I products; market data for dealers, lenders and OEMs; and digital document services.
Dealertrack is looking to add a Product Owner to the team. The Product Owner (PO) is a lead member of the Scrum Team and is responsible for both defining and prioritizing the Team Backlog so that the solution meets program priorities. The PO works daily with a team of software engineers, QA engineers and a Scrum Master to construct innovative software solutions. The Product Owner is responsible for working closely with the Product Management and Lender Services teams to ensure that product vision, roadmap, marketing and the backlog are all in alignment.
• Support our Professional Services business by working with the Lender Development Manager to help prioritize and understand the overall backlog of the Scrum Team’s charter
• Serve as the direct link to the customer for clarifying requirements and developing scopes/statement of work (SoWs)
• Maintain a rolling 3-month roadmap of completed scoped work for resource and delivery planning
• Drive innovation by translating thoughts and ideas into tangible product requirements in the form of features, epics and user stories
• Groom stories with the team for upcoming work based on the SoW
• Responsible for writing SoW, working with the Scrum Team, Lender Development Manager and client support team for work on charter
• Develop formal business, functional and technical requirements documentation
• Maintain proactive consultation and communication with Product Management to ensure work is in compliance with the overall business priorities
• Work closely with Engineering technical leadership to ensure key architectural roadmap items are reflected in the backlog for delivery
• Review and accept completed stories with a focus on product quality
• Review/demonstrate sprint related or general functionality with external stakeholders and customers
Qualifications:Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience / Education
• 5-7 years of software product management related experience, ideally with a background in the automotive and/or indirect lending industries
• Welcomes solving problems with a positive attitude, teamwork and innovation.
• An effective and persuasive communicator skilled at leading meetings and demonstrating the ability to translate technical requirements into concise updates for clients and senior management
• 2 years’ experience as a Product Owner with an Agile or Scrum based team
• Highly collaborative and comfortable with both high-level planning and tactical execution.
• Unique blend of business and technical savvy skills, a big picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality, including a solid understanding of financial metrics and analytics.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where information, resources, and priorities can change quickly and where information must be readily digested, and decisions made expeditiously
• Strong customer focus orientation, demonstrating a clear understanding of user persona and how they work with the product
• A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Sales or Marketing
• Language: English required, French language an asset
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.