- Full Time
U.S. News & World Report is seeking a full-time digital producer for our consumer-oriented automotive site, cars.usnews.com. U.S. News has earned a reputation as the leading provider of news and information that improves the quality of life of its readers. U.S. News Best Cars helped more than 73 million car shoppers in the past year through its rankings and reviews of new and used cars, automotive shopping advice, and car ownership advice.
The primary responsibilities of the digital producer will be to bring our articles to life by fact checking, finding photos, organizing article layouts, and linking to related articles. There may be opportunities to write content, pitch new ideas, and assist the product team in the overall improvement of the site.
The articles you work on will include content derived from our car rankings, new car previews, car comparisons, and advice about car shopping and car ownership.
- Fact check incoming stories from freelance writers
- Upload articles to our CMS, add links, collect or create images, and produce the layout of the articles based on a template
- Communicate with other editors to improve the accuracy of online content
- Communicate with the product team to improve CMS and website function
- Depending on your experience, you may also write one or more stories per month and pitch stories for publication, though this is not primarily a writing position
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably English or journalism
- 1-3 years experience in digital publications or technical writing; experience with online publishing using a CMS
- Prefer some knowledge of cars and/or consumer journalism
- Keen eye for detail
- Photo editing experience a plus
Applicants must include a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) plan.