- Full Time
The Copywriter writes informative and creative content for client blogs on dealership websites by identifying and researching relevant automotive industry information that is written with attention to how search engines view content
- Researches topics for creative content using online research techniques such as a Rich Site Summary (RSS) reader tools targeting specific automotive news, information, and trends
- Developing content using a creative process and meeting with client(s) and/or internal client focused teams to understand the concepts that the client(s) want to portray
- Writes multiple unique pieces of content daily using various blogging tools
- Delivers engaging and persuasive blog content to capture audience attention using words and images with attention to search engine content viewing including use of key words, incorporating web links in copy, optimizing image usage for search engine ranking, and other SEO (search engine optimization) strategies
- Proofreads work to ensure proper spelling and grammatically correct quality of all authored content
- Reviews all content to be compliant with standards specified by automotive OEM (original equipment manufacturers) against database of OEM brand standards and compliance rules
- Solicits and receives information from internal client teams and/or clients on written content pieces to ensure client satisfaction and re-writes to incorporate feedback
- Publishes completed and proofread content to client dealership websites
- Experience and/or portfolio of material to demonstrate writing fluently and accurately for various purposes.
- Excellent command of the English language and a good knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Genuine interest in client’s products and services, automotive industry and dealership focused
- Ability to write in varying styles and assume different tones according client needs
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Strong research skills
- Ability to deal with criticism and sometimes even rejection and leverage into positive knowledge and skills growth and develop
- Bachelor’s Degree, English, Marketing, Journalism, Communication preferred
- Automotive industry content beneficial
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.