Senior Product Manager
- Full Time
The Senior Product Manager, Money will be responsible for the business and product partnerships for our Personal Finance category - specifically Credit Cards and Loans. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring we are maximizing revenues, dominating in search, while maintaining the quality of our brand and product. This is an opportunity to lead a growing product in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Business strategy and partnership: The Senior Product Manager will develop the growth and operating strategies for future Money products and partnerships. This individual will also manage existing partnerships and focus on optimizing current lead gen focused products within the Money vertical.
- Product: This position will require corralling of technology, design, content and other teams at U.S. News to create exceptional online products. This individual will balance and coordinate efforts to optimize the user experience, product scalability, search engine performance and revenue opportunities. The Senior Product Manager will create product roadmaps, set strategic plans and develop priorities with Executive Management.
- Content: The Senior Product Manager will work closely with our editorial leadership to optimize the integration and presentation of information to consumers in the most intuitive ways. SPM will ensure that SEO is a key component in the content development process.
- Audience: The Money site’s success is predicated on building and sustaining a highly engaged audience. The Senior Product Manager will focus on growth in areas where we can differentiate from online competitors. This means the successful candidate must continually study the competitive landscape and our site analytics to identify trends, obstacles and opportunities for growth. Incorporating user research is also an important part of this position.
- Revenue: The Senior Product Manager will work with lead generation partners and the advertising team to maximize revenue. The successful candidate will also develop new strategies to grow revenue in meaningful ways without compromising our mission to help consumers with objectivity and editorial independence.
- Success: Success will be defined by (1) revenue maximization (2) search traffic (3) speed of implementation (4) partnership management and (5) expansion of new products.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Business major or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience working in a digital environment.
- Deep hunger for, and experience with, in-depth analytics, paired with a constant need to always be testing and optimizing to exceed goals.
- Experience running A/B tests.
- Experience with lead generation.
- Deep understanding of search engine optimization.
- Preferably experience in the personal finance space, but not required.
- A need to win attitude, but have fun doing so.
Please submit a resume for consideration and a cover letter is appreciated.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) plan.