Assistant Director, Advertising and Promotion
- Full Time
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on its worldwide tours and residencies as well as with its digital recording series; international broadcasts on television, radio, and online; and as a resource through its varied education programs and expansive digital archive.
The New York Philharmonic seeks an Assistant Director, Advertising and Promotions to guide all advertising and promotional campaign plans and spends for both subscription and single ticket marketing across all marketing channels —both traditional and digital.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop, lead, and manage marketing direct reports.
- Oversee advertising campaigns including target audience, messaging, campaign calendars, and optimization.
- Oversee partner promotions and grassroots strategies to build audiences and drive ticket revenue.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Communications, Media, and Digital groups on content execution and strategy.
- Work directly with Design Services, Marketing, and Digital on campaign asset creation and review.
- Work with senior Marketing staff on discount and packaging ticket strategies.
- Prepare for and negotiate advertising and media partner contracts with head of Marketing.
- Manage day-to-day of advertising agency.
- Assist with annual advertising budget creation.
- Review all advertising copy, visuals, and edit scripts, audio and video, and other promotional materials.
- Measure promotion effectiveness and optimize as needed.
- Work closely with the Communications team on messaging and alignment.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in advertising/marketing promotions required with 2 years demonstrated leadership and direct supervision of staff.
This candidate will have proven success or experience with campaign management and analysis; digital marketing, including social media and content; media contracting; building and maintaining external relationships and partnerships; audience development. The candidate should be a creative thinker with exceptional writing and copy-editing skills, with the ability to work effectively and strategically in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
Previous experience working within the entertainment or performing arts sector desired; agency experience a plus. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.