- Full Time
F&I Express is seeking a Project Manager for our Grapevine, Texas office to manage all aspects on onboarding and implementation. We are located in the heart of downtown Grapevine with many restaurants and shops within walking distance of our office. F&I Express was voted one of the Best Places to Work in 2017 by the Dallas Business Journal.
The Project Manager will report to the VP/General Manager and will drive projects for the onboarding of aftermarket product provider (Providers) companies on to our Express Digital Media (EDM) platform. As these Providers sign up with EDM, this role will take over from sales and manage all aspects of onboarding and implementation. This includes onsite consulting, assessment of current assets, providing recommended short- and long-term usage plans, and training various marketing and product teams within their organization. Once onboarding is completed, the Client Services team will take responsibility for day-to-day support of the platform.
Under general supervision, the Project Manager initiates, manages, coordinates and completes assigned projects based on company needs. This involves the establishment and adherence to project schedules, definition of scope, identification of staffing needs, estimation of time & effort, and communication of project status. The PM will interact with his or her supervisor occasionally during the week, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
- Lead and manage project development from beginning to end by defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support desired business outcomes in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to facilitate project initiation and completion. This includes managing project expectations with stakeholders and other team members involved.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Prepare/deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholders including the development of key project metrics and indicators.
- Estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Serve as a liaison between business and project stakeholders; be accountable for the first line of defense for project issues/defects and engage others as necessary to triage and provide timely resolution.
- Work closely with external vendors and suppliers as it relates to the project.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Plan, schedule and track project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Maintain technical and functional awareness and competence of supported systems/applications and industry technology standards.
- Be accountable for the planning and communication of the implementation efforts for product features/enhancements.
- Perform project risk assessments and develop response strategies and mitigation plans.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel: Up to 30% required.
- Travel: Up to 30% required- includes air flight and some overnights
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of project management experience working in a Technology environment
- PMP certification is a plus
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work and build relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts, evaluation, and complexities.
- Experience applying influence, consultative and negotiation skills in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and decentralized environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of JIRA is preferred but not required.
- Proficient with MS Office; some Visio, Teamwork.com or Lucidchart is a plus
F&I Express, founded in 2008, builds and operates B2B technology solutions for auto lenders, dealerships, F&I product agencies, and aftermarket F&I product providers. We offer a fun, casual work environment where your skills, experience, and ideas will help drive our growth strategies.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.