Location: Centennial, Colorado
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Write and produce newscasts and other programs as needed, assist in creating rundowns and coordinate all elements needed to provide content for a one-hour show.
• Lead the delivery of scripts and video in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
• Support Web/Mobile and Social Media platforms as needed.
• Responsible for the creation of the newscasts and other news programs as needed
• Work directly with Assignment Editors, Anchors, MMJ’s and production crews.
• Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts.
• Select, assign, write and organize news stories.
• Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
• Monitor and maintain on-going breaking news story while on air.
• Coordinate and plan future community and social story developments.
• Work, review and supervise Video Journalists for accuracy, consistency, balance, storytelling and writing style.
• Editing skills to edit video clips, packages and news content for newscasts and digital media.
• Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals.
• Back-up producer for other station newscasts and/or special programs.
• Work with producers and news management on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
• BA or BS in Journalism or related field.
• Two to four years producing live television newscasts.
• Video editing skills to edit video clips, packages and news content for newscasts and digital media.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and exceptional command of broadcast writing skills, is indispensable.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English. OUT
• Fully bilingual, Spanish/English, with emphasis in Spanish.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadlines in a fast paced news environment.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job # :)
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado area and travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights, holidays and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary and/or when assigned.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have outstanding command of Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume.
• Ability to develop/produce/write a story in-depth.
• Connect the viewers & newscast with social media, surveys, opinions, calls, etc.
• News judgment with solid ethical news judgement.
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking skills.
• Solid English, reading, writing and speaking skills.
• High innovative and creative nature.
• Ability to perform under hard time deadlines.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.