- Full Time
Considerable, a new digital media startup, is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team and help on a number of initiatives, from email and audience development and engagement, to social media and partnerships.
We're currently a small team, but we have big ideas. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking person to come in, get exposure to and be able to contribute immediately in many aspects across the business.
This is a full-time role based at our midtown Manhattan offices.
About the role:
- Handling all daily newsletters; we send millions of email newsletters each month and you’re the quarterback
- Audience engagement and support across social media platforms and groups; you’re running social
- Working with other publishers, brands, influencers on partnership and collaboration initiatives
- Coordinating new product launches with design, editorial, and product teams
- Leading audience growth initiatives for newsletters
- Continuously monitoring competitive environment and consumer trends
- Collaborating with sales and design teams to craft creative, effective campaigns for our advertisers; ensure delivery of reporting and metrics
- Coordinating with sales and product team to define marketing materials and programs
Experience & Skills
- You have 5-7 years experience in marketing, preferably solid experience at a media company
- Well-versed in digital media trends and channels, including social media, email, and search
- Keen eye for detail isn’t a throwaway phrase here; the work you do will be seen by millions of Americans each month -- you’re someone who dots their t’s and cross their i’s
- Knowledgeable in marketing technology, especially CRM and marketing automation systems; you don’t have to be a technology nerd, but you’re certainly comfortable using it
- You can write. We’re not looking for Shakespearean prose here (might be interesting...or perhaps, weird) but you’re not only undaunted by drafting copy and communications, you can craft a pretty good message to boot
Work Ethic & Outlook
- You openly welcome changes and new challenges; you’re adaptable
- You’re a creative and very curious person, and you’re certainly not afraid to ask questions (even the ones that feel really, really stupid as you say them in your head)
- You’re a doer and a self-starter; you don’t need to be told what to do
- ...But you’re still great at working as part of a team
- You have a passion for process and organization. (Well, ‘passion’ is perhaps a strong word, but hey, you realize they’re super important)
- You can work to tight deadlines and still be cool as a cucumber under pressure
- You’re much more interested in crafting solutions to problems rather than excuses
- You stay on top of the latest media, marketing, and insurance trends
We are a NYC-based media and tech startup dedicated to becoming the trusted resource for Americans aged 50-70 on important life topics such as family, health & wellness, travel, money, work, insurance and more. As a new lifestyle media brand, we will cover the aspirations, challenges and joys of this stage of life, offering smart, useful, thought-provoking and engaging content in a voice authentic to the audience.
We will also offer innovative tools and services to help make critical but often daunting and difficult tasks, such as researching and buying health insurance, a simpler, user-friendly experience.
We offer competitive compensation, generous paid time off, health benefits, and the opportunity to work in a nice modern space alongside a team of people eager to challenge the status quo.