Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) Director of Marketing
- Full Time
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers®, or SMPTE, is facilitating the future of storytelling. The Society's mission is to enable the technical framework that allows the global professional community to make media for artistic, educational, and entertainment purposes and to distribute that content for the benefit and enjoyment of people worldwide.
SMPTE is a 103-year old professional association of engineers, technologists and creatives working in the motion picture, television, and professional media industry, with nearly 7,000 individual members and 250 corporate members.
SMPTE’s vision is to enable the technical framework and global professional community that makes motion picture, television, and professional media available for all humanity to enjoy for artistic, educational, and social purposes.
The Director of Marketing is a strategic leadership position that will have a global impact, leading and managing all marketing activities for the Society. This role will develop a strategic vision for how SMPTE shows and describes its value to its membership and the industry, while leading the execution of that vision. The Director of Marketing will ensure the use of marketing intelligence and competitive analysis with the development of compelling messaging, stories, case studies, videos, and presentations, to effectively execute across all direct and digital marketing platforms.
Collaborating with product management team, the Director of Marketing is responsible for managing all marketing activities, including evangelism, product marketing, brand management, public relations, social media, digital marketing, lead generation and revenue generation.
Hubspot – marketing automation
Social media management
Website design, management, and analytics
Business intelligence tool
Microsoft Teams and applications
Website development, a plus
Content creation knowledge, a plus
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 10 or more years of B2B Marketing, media industry or association management preferred.
- Five or more years of b-to-b digital/inbound marketing including Web and content marketing, ability to leverage social media to seed demand, search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM), membership marketing and content syndication
- Proven record of supporting sales to meet or exceed pipeline and revenue targets
- Experience creating and implementing proven successful, seeding, demand creation, lead nurturing and pipeline acceleration programs
- Demonstrated skills in positioning and differentiating products and services using market research and competitive analysis
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast- paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
- BA or BS degree required; emphasis in marketing or related business degree strongly preferred.