Sports Business Reporter, CNBC.com
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Generating story ideas, breaking news and cultivating sources at high levels in the players unions, the biggest sports agents, NFL, NHL, NFL, MLB and other sports leagues. Covering breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time.Writing long-form features, investigative projects, profiles as well as some video scripts.
CNBC Digital is looking for a reporter to cover the business of sports, from the biggest free agents to the biggest broadcasting deals. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle both breaking real-time news as well as long-form features and profiles of the industry’s biggest rainmakers, including the athletes, team owners, corporate sponsors and media. It’s a demanding and expansive beat with news that spans across every major sports league, the Olympics, sports betting and high-profile athletes.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a beat reporter or editor, preferably with experience covering entertainment, sports business or sports.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• Experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
• The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and technical skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or the business desk of a midsize daily newspaper.
• Passionate about internet storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.