Marketing Executive, Brand Team
- Full Time
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Marketing Executive on the Brand Team is a multi-faceted position. Managing innovative projects for our planning (grant-making) divisions, the role is perfect for someone who’s a strong communicator, a problem-solver, a natural wordsmith, a talented relationship-builder, and a project manager extraordinaire. In a word — a juggler.
In this role, the Marketing Executive needs to be a facile and creative writer with the ability to develop engaging marketing content for his/her planning portfolio — from start to finish — within the established UJA brand voice.
At the same time, the Marketing Executive will be a master of details, overseeing every moving part of a project, executing the myriad details behind the marketing efforts that support a variety of grant-making divisions. In this capacity, the Marketing Executive will drive essential project management to ensure that projects are completed on time.
The Marketing Executive will work closely with the Brand Manager to help set and execute marketing strategy for grant makers, collaborating with colleagues to produce marketing plans and corresponding collateral for various members of the planning (grant-making) team. She/he will conduct all business through a strategic lens to advance the goals of our planning colleagues while ensuring they align with the global brand.
With guidance from Marketing & Communications leadership, she/he will develop and execute creative marketing solutions for planning initiatives and develop and manage project plans and project timelines. She/he will regularly send updates to involved parties as projects move forward and adjust timelines as necessary. The Marketing Executive will work with colleagues across the organization, including within Marketing & Communications (i.e., the design and digital teams) as well as outside of Marketing & Communications (i.e., planners and the print shop).
As in other lines of business, the Marketing Executive is expected to be a quick study, savvy, and deeply entrenched in the grant-makers’ world, understanding the relevant dynamics that will inform marketing decisions.
- Content Development
- Develops strategic, well-written marketing content and materials, including emails, flyers, web copy, and brochures to promote planning initiatives
- Creates innovative solutions to marketing challenges
- Works collaboratively with senior marketing colleagues, designers, digital, social, and web team to develop and execute marketing plans that drive donors, prospects, and volunteers to engage with our brand
- Helps to further develop the UJA-Federation brand voice and make it relevant to the marketplace
- Project Management
- Creates, monitors, and manages project plans and schedules, ensuring that projects stay within agreed-upon scopes and timelines
- Works with internal teams (digital, design, proofreading, etc.) to ensure that all deliverables are moving according to schedule, including obtaining sign-offs/approvals
- Coordinates, executes, and completes projects and tasks, ensuring consistency with brand strategy and organization’s objectives
- Completes all forms and data entry for all calendar listings/submissions (i.e., online registration, e-blast requests, etc.), including scheduling/timeline management in Workfront
- Follow up with various colleagues across the organization regarding execution of various marketing pieces, including gathering necessary information
- Technically adept at web, Excel, Google Docs, Microsoft Office
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Client Management
- Actively builds relationships and engenders trust and credibility among colleagues
- Acts as a strong facilitator, guiding planning partners with a strategic lens in order to deliver the right product
- Cultivates productive relationships with planning colleagues and other stakeholders across the organization
- Provides ideas and works as a trusted advisor for various planning divisions serving in a consultative capacity to help drive forward-thinking marketing ideas and cultural change
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented. Has an eagle eye and is a stickler for details.
- Demonstrates a clear ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects.
- Writing experience necessary. Writing samples required.
- Resourceful and self-directed, able to work independently with minimal direction and to ask the right questions of the right people to learn on the job.
- Unflappable, particularly during moments of stress.
- Comfortable asserting herself/himself when necessary to keep projects on track.
- Can quickly develop strong working relationships with colleagues across a variety of departments throughout the organization.
- Has a sense of humor and is unfazed by demands for quick turnaround on all assignments, including the unexpected.
- Has strong interpersonal skills — both in person, via email, and on paper — to work effectively with colleagues and internal clients (of varying personalities, styles, skills, needs, and priorities) to reach desired goals.
- Has a bachelor’s degree and experience writing, managing marketing projects, and developing creative solutions, or has some related experience and willing and eager to grow into this position.