- Full Time
Alissa Neil PR, a public relations firm specializing in lifestyle, tech and media, is looking for a full-time PR specialist to work on the firm’s numerous high profile accounts (Cricut, The Week, Harvard Business Review, Lovevery, Mayku, Type Investigations). Candidates must possess a strong understanding of—and passion for—today’s media landscape. Bonus points for those interested in the DIY movement, global issues, and early childhood development. (We work on diverse accounts, and our clients keep us on our toes!). In addition to our clients, the best part of working for ANPR is that we are a close-knit team with a friendly, flexible and fun environment. As a member of our team, you'll receive mentorship and support, along with the opportunity to continue learning and growing professionally every day in a fast-paced environment. Working on a variety of clients, you'll hone and sharpen a wealth of skills, as well as develop wide-ranging press contacts, and become comfortable pivoting between industries. And, with offices across the country, you'll be part of a unique team environment that prioritizes flexibility and independence.
We’re looking for an excellent writer with the ability to identify the strongest news angle–someone who knows how to craft the right pitch for a journalist, whether they are reporting on the best gifts for Mother’s Day, home decor, or breaking news; and someone who knows how to modify their tone to get traction with a TV producer for a morning show or a nightly news program. The ideal candidate is willing to roll-up their sleeves to make things happen, is savvy when it comes to research, and can even do a little event planning when the occasion arises.
Two to five years of PR experience preferred — we’re looking for someone to come to us with an already proven record of media contacts. Salary commensurate with experience.
Individual must be able to communicate professionally and in a timely manner with clients; be comfortable multi-tasking; be able to work independently and be resourceful. Team players only.
– Creating, editing, and distributing press materials
– Crafting and pitching story ideas to targeted reporters
– Responding to incoming press requests in a timely manner
– Coordinating clients’ media interviews, including logistics
– Creating targeted media lists using CisionPoint and online research
– Securing press coverage for clients on web, print, TV, and radio
– Cultivating and maintaining relationships with journalists and broadcast producers
– Collaborating with team to create story ideas, PR plans and new business proposals
– Managing projects from concept to execution
– Amplifying media coverage
– Monitoring and tracking media coverage
– Creating media coverage reports and presentations
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism, or related field
– Past work experience in PR, communications, media, or publishing
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) & Google Docs/Sheets
– Strong grasp of social media, particularly Twitter
– Knowledge of CisionPoint and Photoshop a plus
– Strong writing and editing abilities such that you can generate and edit press materials, award submissions, client fact sheets, pitches, recaps, briefing books, and general client correspondence
– Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines; manage interns, and work independently
Open-ended. We’re a tight-knit team, but are spread out across the U.S. (NYC, DC + SF Bay Area.) Let us know where you are, and if it’s a fit, we’ll find a way to make this work.
ABOUT ANPR: You can sit with us
16 years old this June, ANPR is a nurturing and positive environment, and we’re in major growth mode. We care deeply about our colleagues and our clients, and only take on clients we truly believe in. We offer a competitive salary and 401K match, 2 weeks paid vacation, plus paid national holidays.